There are many different global translation services available that can really help businesses boost their name recognition and user adoption. Whether you want more users for your app or need to protect your intellectual property, these tools are invaluable. As long as you’re aware of the pitfalls, it’s possible to take advantage of these options and see a higher ROI.
If you’ve found your product sales plateauing in one region, the first best option is to reach out to another. Quality linguistic services will ensure you can connect with these new consumers. Popular targets for global translation services include documents, books, videos, games, patents, and transcripts.
6 Popular Global Translation Services to Consider
The list of global translation services available to businesses is virtually endless. It is a $50 billion industry, after all. While we handle just about any type of project, some of the most popular with our clients include video, books, patents, transcripts, documents, and games.
Video has always been a hugely popular medium, and the pandemic only made it more so. On average, consumers stream up to eight hours of video content per day. If you want to take advantage of that, then ideally, you should expand your reach by adding languages. Subtitles are a popular simple option for changing video content though companies can go the extra mile by adding voice-over dubs.
It can be a challenge for a new author to make a splash in the saturated U.S. market. One way to stand out is to share your work in less competitive locales first. Book translation services allow you to reach new audiences and gain the following needed to get attention for current and subsequent works.
If you want to protect your inventions or intellectual property, then you’ll need to apply for patent protection in all the countries where you launch. While the Patent Cooperation Treaty allows you to gain reciprocal acknowledgment of your patent, it’s not automatic. You’ll have to apply for recognition, and you’ll need to do it in that country’s native language.
Transcripts are useful for a number of reasons, especially in the legal and medical sectors where it’s essential to get a word-for-word reading. They’re also helpful in creating video translation, as they support the voice actors or subtitles that make your content accessible to new markets.
Document updates are necessary for legal filings, contracts, partnerships, and all other communication methods with overseas entities. Working with a strong translation agency will allow you to accurately reflect your brand’s voice and corporate culture in all your business communications.
Video games can transcend cultures, making them ideal for international expansion. Whether it’s a simple mobile app or a complex multiplayer universe, companies can enjoy significant reach by strategically releasing copies in the right markets.
What to Look for in the Most Popular Translation Services
Depending on your target for global translation services, you’re going to have to adjust your strategy. Each of the above scenarios creates some unique challenges and potential roadblocks.
- Making video fit a culture: Video content may not be appropriate based on a specific culture, so it’s vital to determine if the original video is appropriate or if it requires some changes before uploading. Working with a firm that offers all-inclusive video translation services can help you determine if there’s a cultural match or if you should reconsider the adaptation.
- Keeping books consistent: If you want to update a book for a new audience, the tone will be your most considerable challenge. You must work with one translator as part of your book translation services to ensure a consistent voice. While this may be more time-consuming, it’s the only way to guarantee your tone makes the transition to the new market.
- Managing deadlines with patents: When it comes to patent translation services, timing is key. You’ll run into many different deadlines, so you’ll need to track all your projects carefully. A company that uses a powerful localization management platform will be your best ally.
- Ensuring accuracy with transcripts: Regardless of the purpose of the transcript, accuracy is vital. Transcript translation services should guarantee results through certifications and a strong, proven record.
- Streamlining document translation with tools: One thing to remember about document translation services is that you’ll likely return to the same company time and time again. Instead of reinventing the wheel every time, seek out a firm that builds a custom client profile that combines your corporate lexicons and glossaries into a powerful translation memory.
- Supporting the video game experience with QA: Quality assurance needs to go a step further in video game localization. Not only will you need to review the content, but you’ll also have to make sure the user experience remains intact. Work with a firm that provides multistep QA to preserve your game’s integrity through the entire process.
The best global translation services won’t target any of these specific areas. They’ll have the personnel and technology to support every single project from beginning to end. That way, you can expand your company’s offerings as you connect with new markets.
There are many different global translation services available that can really help businesses boost their name recognition and user adoption....
Most people discussing localization think of it in terms of micro-components. They may focus on the translation, the marketing, or...
Translation memory (TM) software is the engine that fuels machine or automated translation processes. With a good platform, you can...
Video translation services should be an essential focus for businesses who want to grow globally and enjoy higher international engagement...